Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beautiful

God is so good. I've had her cd for months now, but somehow I've missed this song entirely. I am letting go of all I've held. I am coming to the end of myself. I am a lady in waiting... waiting in hope and expectation. Why do we fear brokenness? In the Gospels, Jesus is quoted as having said, "She has done a beautiful thing to me". Beautiful. Beautiful because there was brokenness and complete emptiness. That is what made it beautiful to Him. I want my life to be a beautiful thing for Jesus. And while it's what I want the most, I realize the only way for that to happen, like this nameless woman, is to be broken and poured out at His feet.
Can we not see beyond the present moment and hope for what we will be someday? In the midst of darkness, can we keep our eyes heavenward that all the world and all the angels would see how we seek His face no matter where we find ourselves, what mess we find ourselves in, or how we feel? That's what He wants. Perhaps its the very reason for the brokenness.

And even in the silence and the pain, He is still so beautiful. He doesn't have to say another word or touch my face again for me to believe. I know.

BEAUTIFUL by KARI JOBE (can be heard at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Jv1Hf2oCw )
Here, before Your altar,
I am letting go of all I've held
of every motive, every burden,
everything that's of myself.
and I just wanna wait on You my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are.

beautiful, beautiful oh I am lost for more to say
beautiful, beautiful oh Lord, You're beautiful to me

oh beautiful

here in Your presence,
I am not afraid of brokenness
to wash Your feet with humble tears
oh I would be poured out till nothing's left.
and I just wanna wait on You my God

I just wanna dwell on who You are, who You are

Beautiful, beautiful oh I am lost for more to say
beautiful, beautiful oh Lord, You're beautiful to me

oh Lord You're beautiful, beautiful beautiful
holy holy holy You are You are
holy holy holy You are You are
holy holy holy You are You are
holy holy holy You are You are

beautiful, beautiful oh I am lost for more to say
beautiful, beautiful oh Lord, You're beautiful to me

and I just wanna wait on You my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment