Friday, May 22, 2009

To the uttermost within, first, and then without.

When I think about the Lord,
how He saved me
how He raised me
how He filled me
to the uttermost
He filled me
with the Holy Ghost

When I think about the Lord,
how he picked me up,
turned me around
how he placed my feet
on solid ground

It makes me wanna shout,
Hallelujah! Lord You're worthy
of all the glory
and all the honor
and all the praise!

(by Shane and Shane)


So that's a little ditty about why I named the blog what I did. My favorite line, "how you saved me to the uttermost". Just like one of my favorite verses...

Heb 7:25 "He is able to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them."

To the uttermost. As in, there is no more for Him to save me from... no, not even one little minute detail. Finished. Saved completely. What a thought.

So, the next thought is...

If this Great and Living God is going to use me to draw nations unto Himself and save them completely and to the uttermost... well, it has to start from within. And so it has begun.

1 comment: